Saturday 26 July 2014

Cooking is a healthy addiction.............

So a friend made a comment about a week ago that she has never seen anyone so happy as I am when I am cooking in the kitchen.
It is very true, I love to cook for my friends and family! Cooking is a release for me and I have to say that I am addicted to trying new recipes and cooking is a healthy addiction.................

I love lemon pie and always used the powder to make my filling until I found this recipe. I tweeked it a little to suit my taste.

Lemon Filling

1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp flour
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup cold water
zest from 1 1/2 lemons
juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp butter

Use a double boiler or a large boil on the top of a pot of boiling water. ( water should not be touching the bowl)
mix sugar,salt, flour together in bowl
beat eggs and add to sugar mixture
whisk together
add cold water, zest, juice
whisk until it is thick ( like a pudding)
remove from heat
stir in butter

Use in a pre-baked pie or tart shells or the filling for an angel food cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment