Monday 4 August 2014

Garden fresh food

I love this time of the year when I can go out to the garden and pick baby rainbow swiss chard, zucchini,finger beets and carrots for supper.

Tonight I made cauliflower mash with a little roasted garlic and cheddar cheese, finger beets boiled with butter and salt and pepper, braised beef short ribs seasoned with thyme all spice,Serrano chili, tomatoes,roast garlic and onions and carrots.
my wee guy who is 2 1/2 ate all of his plate and then said "that's big licious! can I have more?" and he proceeded to eat another plate of it.

Out of my 4 kids, two are super picky and two are great eaters. I wish my athletic child would eat more fruits and veggies and that is why I grate and hide so many veggies in baking,stews and sauces.

As much as I like to cook with new exciting ingredients, I am a home cook at heart!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic!!! All organic too!

    ReplyDelete