Saturday 7 May 2016

Bow tie pasta with pesto and cherry tomatoes, feta cheese

So with summer right around the corner and sports are taking up all my free time here is a salad I can keep in th fridge for a day or 2. Add a nice sub sandwich to it and supper or lunch is complete.


I make my own pesto and you can find my recipe on the blog. If you don't have time to do that it's okay! There are a lot of store made pesto that is great.

1 box of bow tie pasta cooked and drained. Don't over cool the pasta!
8-12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/2  cup crumbled feta
1/2 cup of pesto
2 leaves of basil chopped fine
Pinch of salt and pepper

In a large bowl toss warm pasta with pesto, salt and pepper
Add tomatoes, feta and basil gently toss
You can serve this warm or place in fridge

This lasts about 3 days in the fridge but at our house I am lucky if it makes it to supper time.
Great to send in the kids lunch too

No comments:

Post a Comment