Thursday 26 June 2014

My trial recipes while preparing for my Masterchef Canada audition

Another day and a few recipes picked out for the day. I am over loading my brain with simple everyday recipes to cover all my bases as my audition day grows near.

I have 5 dishes picked out and I am letting members of the community help me pick just the right dish for my audition. On Sunday night I am having a tasting at a local cafe and letting 30 people critique my food and from there my final dish will be chosen.

Today I attempt homemade lady finger cookies for my Tiramisu cheesecake, Parmesan,pepper,lemon biscuits and pie pastry.
As a busy mom I don't do alot of from scratch baking except for my banana choc.chip muffins which I add zucchini,carrot,eggplant, chai seeds, flax seeds hemp heart seeds into depending on the day. I try and get as many good things into a small package. I have found that the pickiest child will eat anything with chocolate chips and or icing.

I have my Jamaican oxtail marinading as well as my tequila lime chicken.
I will posts those recipes today.
I put LOVE into every dish I make and by LOVE I mean, I love my friends and family and I love to cook so I try and give them great tasting, healthy meals all the time.


Tequila lime marinade
this makes enough for:
16 skin on, bone in chicken thighs or 10 chicken breasts.
I always use skin on, bone in chicken.

1/2 cup of tequila
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove of chopped garlic
1 shallot chopped
2 sprigs of thyme ( I use lemon thyme)
zest from 1 lime
juice from 1 lime
1 tbsp of honey
marinade the meat for up to 12 hrs.  I cook on a charcoal grill with an applewood chip package on the bottom grate. low and slow.


No comments:

Post a Comment