Tuesday 7 October 2014

It's been very hectic at our house........

With 3 renovations going on at once I have not had 5 mins to be on my blog. I keep thinking oh I really need to put that recipe on or I should put a few pictures up but there has been no time.
This morning I have a nice quiet house so here are a few recipes I have been using while my house has been so hectic.



Crock Pot Chicken Stew

6 boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
1 small onion minced
1 celery rib small slices
2 carrots thin sliced
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp of corn starch
4 cup chicken stock
3 potatoes small cubes
1 cup frozen veggies
1 can creamed soup  (I use what ever I have in the cupboard)

In a skillet saute onions, add chicken and cook for 3-4 mins on either side
add 1 cup of chicken stock to get all the good bits from the bottom of the skillet.
add to crock pot
add carrots,celery,frozen veggies,potatoes,garlic,poultry seasoning
mix cornstarch with remaining stock and cream soup
pour over mixture
Mix well
cover and cook on low for 4 hours or 2 hours on high.
I serve with fresh bakery buns or biscuits if I have time


you can prep the night before and set your crock pot the next morning. You will have an awesome meal for your busy family

No comments:

Post a Comment