Tuesday 14 October 2014

Thanksgiving leftovers

I have been busy this morning cleaning out the leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner.
I made a turkey stew which we can eat as a stew or maybe turkey Sheppard's pie. What every I feel like the day I pull it out of the freezer. We never eat turkey for more than 2 days so I always make some yummy stuff that we can pull out and heat up later on.


I also used up the broccoli and cheese sauce by making a broccoli cheddar lazy lasagna.
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
4 mushrooms
1 small zucchini grated
1/2 bunch spinach chopped
3 crowns broccoli chopped
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup chicken stock.
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Saute onion,garlic, mushrooms together
Add shredded zucchini, spinach
Broccoli. Cooked and raw
Saute for 10 mins
Add left over cheese sauce
Mix together  add chicken stock
Cook pasta. (My box of lasagna noodles was half broken so I broke up the rest)
Only cook pasta half way.
Drain and add broccoli mixture. Mix well.
Put in an oven safe casserole dish
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20 mins.
I will freeze mine before I bake it.
Yum yum.
Kids are getting tons of veggies and won't care because it tastes so good

No comments:

Post a Comment