Thursday 3 July 2014

MANGO, AVOCADO SALAD 

serves 4

2 ripe mangoes slice
2 ripe avocados  slice
juice from 1/2 lemon ( use to keep avocado from browning) remember you need some for dressing
2 cups of baby greens
2 tbsp sweet/spicy toasted pine nuts
I layer the mango and avocado on the bottom then put the greens and pine nuts, drizzle with dressing.
I have also just tossed it all in a bowl and lightly dressed and sprinkled pine nuts on the top.

DRESSING
2 tbsp of orange juice
2 tbsp lemon juice\
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp avocado oil
sea salt 
ground pepper

sweet/spicy pine nuts

1/2 cup of pine nuts in a non stick pan ( toast for a minute)
add 1 tsp of butter, mix around till melted,
1/2 tsp of cayenne and 1 tbsp of brown sugar to the mix
I mix until sugar is forming bubble and then pour on to a piece of parchment paper.
Let cool.
My daughter and I have to make a double batch because we eat these like chips.

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment