Wednesday 23 July 2014

Perfect buns

So I am not a baker by any means but today everything must have been aligned just perfectly.
I started out with traditional and rapid yeast so I mixed the 2 together because there just wasn't enough of one kind.
My whole wheat buns never turn out well so I did 2/1. meaning 2 parts white and 1 part whole wheat.
The buns are fluffy and tasty, my husband said the best he has ever had!
Wondering if the coconut oil made a difference?

After forming a dozen buns, I had enough to make a loaf of bread too.I thought I would add some flavour to it, fresh basil and lemon zest!. It turned out fabulous

Last night I made grilled pizzas on the BBQ, 3 large pizzas and not a single leftover piece. Either it was that good or my family was starving!!
I always try and get veggies into everything I make so while frying up the bacon and mushrooms I added 2 good handfuls of spinach, mushrooms, peppers ans 1/3 hemp heart seed and 1/4 flax seed (ground). Nobody knew!!!

So, I will add some more recipes tomorrow when I have 10 minutes but you all know how it is when you are a busy mom!!

till we chat again.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment