Saturday 26 July 2014

No fail pastry mix that keeps in an air tight container

So as I have said many times I am not a baker...............................
There are a few things that I make all the time but pie crust wasn't one of them. I have been given lots of recipes but this one works the best for me and it makes enough that I always have some on hand.

10 cups flour
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 cups shortening

mix together with a pastry knife until shortening is incorporated but not over mixed. looks like a damp sand.

You can store this in an air tight container and use as needed.

For a top and bottom crust use:

1 3/4 cups to 2 cups of mix
add 3-5 tbsp cold water
1/4 tsp vinegar

mix together, roll on floured surface


Busy mom's need all the help they can get so most of my recipes are quick and easy or are like this one that makes a big batch for simple uses.

Enjoy............

No comments:

Post a Comment