Sunday 6 July 2014

OMG...........Bacon Jam

BACON JAM !!!!!! Its my family's new ketchup

So one of my friends gave me her Bacon Jam recipe and then I played with it until I got this.....

1 pound of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
1 med.size sweet onion   chopped small
1/2 a small Thai chili   minced small
2 cups of chicken stock
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

in a large skillet pan fry up the bacon
when bacon starts rendering down add onion, cook until onions are turning brown.
don't drain the fat, add the balsamic vinegar, 3/4 c of chicken stock bring to a boil and cook down. When
the stock has reduced to almost nothing add the honey and 3/4 c of chicken stock. boil again until it reduces to a sticky jam consistency.
let cool for 5 mins then  put into the blender with remaining stock. I add the peppers now.
Put into a small pot and serve warm. I boil for about a minute.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment