Tuesday 29 July 2014

recipe for chicken tortilla soup

I used my pressure cooker for this recipe.................

2 tbsp oil
1 jalapeno diced  seeded
1 pasilla chili diced seeded
1 ancho chili  diced seeded
4 roma tomatoes
1 onion rough chopped
 2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp pepper
1 carrot rough chopped
1 celery stalk rough chopped
3 leg/back pieces of chicken
6 cups water
add oil, peppers, garlic, onion and fry for 5 minutes then add chicken skin side down
fry for about 10 mins and then add tomatoes, salt pepper, carrots, celery
add water

put lid on pressure cooker and cook for 1 hour
strain after 1 hour
put broth back in pot, remove meat from bones and rough chop add to broth
add 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp fresh lime juice

In a soup bowl you will need: this is for 5 soup bowls
1/4 cup red onion fine chopped
1/4 cup tomato chopped
2 avocado sliced
corn chips
1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
1 lime in wedges

I put a little of each ingredient in the bowl with some of the chicken, I add the broth at the table.
we put fresh mango salsa on the top. recipe is on my blog

My daughters say it is like taco in a bowl.

enjoy

picture of my soup is on the blog as well



No comments:

Post a Comment