Friday 15 August 2014

Making Ginger beef for tomorrow



I have 4 top sirloin marinating steaks in the freezer so I decided that I would marinate them today for supper tomorrow.

Ginger Beef and Broccoli is a family favorite but I am going to put a twist on it because its been so hot this week.


4 steaks in a large ziplock bag

in a bowl combine:

2 tsp coconut oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 shallot minced
1/4 cup soy sauce  I use low sodium
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp of fresh red chili
1 tsp chopped cilantro

mix together well and pour into ziplock bag.

I will leave this in the fridge until 2 hours before I cook supper tomorrow. leave steaks in the bag at room temp until you are ready to grill them.

I am going to serve them sliced with a couscous/quinoa salad
In the salad I am going to put snap peas,broccoli,grape tomatoes,red onion, cucumber.
drizzled with a lime,oil,chili dressing.  I have a few quinoa/couscous salads already posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment