Sunday 10 August 2014

Well its almost the end of summer


As summer is coming to a close and we get ready for back to school I am busy rotating stock in the pantry and freezer.
Trying to use up all the older stuff so that I can do 2 big shops and get ready for fall.
I really dislike hearing from my kids that there is "NO FOOD", there is lots of food
but it isn't jumping out at them or it isn't pre cooked and ready to eat.
I don't buy or serve a lot of processed crap in my house so I agree we are getting down to the bare bones but on purpose.

I try and have fresh muffins,cookies,squares made daily, There is always 2 kinds of fresh salsa in the fridge but as everyone knows that's not food to most teens.
I also put 2 cold pasta salads together yesterday for a quick and easy snack or part of a meal.

So I guess its time to clean out the fridge and make a Sunday soup, and then go for groceries.

Until we cook together again.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment