Monday 11 August 2014

Well, I haven't received my email yet........ A few more great recipes

This is the week that I should receive my email to say "welcome to Masterchef" but I have this sinking feeling that my adventure has ended this year.
I am proud of myself for trying and making it as far as I did but there is apart of me that still has a little bit of hope.
I made a great dish,I am a great cook, I think I did well on my 3 interviews.......................
So as I hope and pray that I made it here are a few more recipes:


Pineapple watermelon salsa
2 cups finely diced pineapple
2 cups finely diced watermelon
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1/2 lime juiced
1/2 lime zested
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
option: 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped

mix all together and refrigerate for an hour before serving
great on pork,fish or as an appetiser

Pico de gallo

2 tomatoes finely chopped
1/2 serrano pepper finely chopped seeded
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cilantro finely chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
salt
mix together

Tomatillo Salsa
I have a tomatillo plant that has gone crazy so this is one thing to do with them. I am also going to do a spicy canned version.
you need your food processor for this one.
2 cups cilantro
1 serrano pepper
1 clove garlic
1/2 onion red
1 tsp salt
2 cups tomatillo
combine together in food processor and chill

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment