Sunday 17 August 2014

making my list and checking it twice

With canning season just around the corner I am making my list of what we ate the most of last year and what we didn't care for.

So far I know I need to make 4 batches of mama Spurway's canned salsa, canned tomatillo salsa,
mustard pickles, dill pickles,sweet pickle mix, maybe some canned roasted red peppers, pickled jalapenos, canned tomato sauce.
if I can get enough raspberries and strawberries with out the kids eating them all I will do some jam as well.

Lots of things to do but with the garden slow ripening because summer didn't come until mid July it looks like I will be working like crazy for a short time to complete it all.

I will add some more great canning recipes in a day or two.

Until we cook again.............

No comments:

Post a Comment