Thursday 7 August 2014

Rootbeer pulled pork in the crockpot


3 lb pork shoulder roast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 med onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander
2 bay leaves
1 small can tomato paste
1 can of water  use tomato paste can
1 can rootbeer
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

trim off any large fat pieces, put meat and onions in the crockpot,
mix all other ingredients together in a bowl, pour over the meat.
you can do this the night before and store the crock in the fridge
cook on medium for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours
The meat will just pull apart in the sauce.
I thicken my sauce with 3 tbsp cornstarch mix with 1 tbsp water.
I add it to the meat mixture while I make my side dish.
serve this meat on a bun,

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment