Saturday 30 August 2014

Well we are home... Pork chop casserole

We are home from camping and I dreamt about cooking a lot of the time.It was great taking the motorhome because I had 3 options for cooking. Convection oven,the BBQ (charcoal and propane as well as the camp fire).
It rained the first 24 hrs so I made my grandma's pork chop casserole.

8 chops seasoned with salt pepper
6 potatoes sliced
1 small onion
3 carrots peeled and slices
6 mushrooms sliced
2 can mushroom soup

Brown the chops place in a casserole dish
Brown the mushrooms and onions in same pan after the meat
Layer between meat and potatoes
I alternate the carrots and potatoes.
Put soup in frying pan to deglaze and pour over potatoes.
Cover and bake for 35-40 mins at 350

Another great meal you can prep ahead of time.
I have done it in the crock pot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment